Friday, June 3, 2011

Watergames

It's been brutal the last couple of days and the heat has been almost unbearable. I always feel sorry for poor Tessa having to run around in a thick fur coat all the time. The Budelheimers take the heat much better than she does, but then again, they almost have no fur to talk about. Winter is payback time - they freeze and Tessa is frolicking.
Needless to say, when it gets hot nobody really wants to exercise either and even though we go to the park at the crack of dawn, there are times when I don't make it in time to beat the heat. Did I mention that humidity isn't all that shabby around here either ? Opening the door at 5 o'clock in the morning, you find yourself facing an instant sauna. Did I mention that I hate saunas ? They give me panic attacks ! Avoiding that total sauna feeling is not entirely possible, but trying to avoid it as best we can, makes getting up at the crack of dawn an easy task.
Right. Tessa and the heat. I got side tracked. Out comes the garden hose, which makes her turn giddy in an instant and off she goes to the grass while I stand on the patio controlling fun and games. .......and water hose of course.

Ever tried to bite water ? 

Of course you have the option of ducking under it. Don't expect not to get wet though. 

Take a running start, close your eyes and..........geronimoooooooooooooooo ! 

Hey - can I have more of this ? 

Every girl needs a good facial every now and then. 

Pawbath, anyone ? 

This goes on for a couple of minutes and you can see her disappointment once I turn the water off. 
Can you imagine how long it takes to get her dry ? 

The Budelheimers don't believe in waterworks. They rather work on their tan:


Lazy bunch !

No comments:

Post a Comment