Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Looking Out The Kitchen Window.....

I saw a box turtle slowly coming up the hill . . . 
I admired her beauty from all sides:


She seemed in search of the perfect hideout for her eggs, and even the border rocks did not pose a serious obstacle on her conquest:

I wish you all the best, little turtle. . . 
It also made me wonder how a turtle manages to survive in an urban setting. They like it warm and moist and concrete and chem-lawns aren't really on their dining plan either. I tossed out some salad for her in hopes she'll find it on her way back. If she ever comes back through here. It was the first turtle I ever saw in our neighborhood. Maybe, if I see her again, I'll pick her up and take her to the swamp at Great Falls Park. I'm sure she'll do well there.

No comments:

Post a Comment