Monday, April 4, 2011

Mason Neck State Park

Yesterday afternoon I grabbed Tessa and the camera and together we went on photo tour down I-95 to the Mason Neck Wildlife Park and Refuge. I was hoping to get a few good shots at the birds there and my optimism was for the birds, because there really weren't any I could have taken pictures of. Whenever I had an opportunity, I had the false lens mounted. Here an example so you see what I mean:






Could have been some nice pics of tree swallows. Didn't work out too well. Oh well ! By the time I exchanged the panorama lens with the zoom-in lens, they were gone.

Instead I found these cute southern painted turtles:









They enjoyed the warm rays of the afternoon sun and are a sure sign, that spring has sprung and that it will be much warmer again soon.
Some more expressions I collected along the way:






Who knows - maybe next time I'll get lucky and see more of the wildlife..........

No comments:

Post a Comment